top of page
Resources & Links
List of Trusted People I can ask for help and call:
1. What family members?
2. What friends?
3. Cleveland Crisis Line (24 hours a day, 7 days a week): 216-623-6888 4. Cleveland Crisis Text: 4HOPE to 741741
5. National Suicide Prevention Line: 1-800-273-8255
6. Go to your nearest hospital emergency room
7. Call 911
List of Coping Skills that might make me feel better:
1. Talking to someone
2. Going for a walk
3. Taking a nap
5. Watching TV/Listening to music
6. Eating something crunchy
7. Taking a warm bath or shower
8. Cuddling with a pet
10. What other distractions? /How can I self soothe?
1. Find a quiet place for just a few minutes.
Get yourself into a comfortable sitting position with your feet flat on the floor.
Close your eyes and focus on your breathing only.
Do this for a few minutes.
Listen to the sound of your breath and notice how your body feels during this time.
When thoughts of other moments come racing into your mind, acknowledge them and let them go by as if they are on a conveyor belt, and refocus your attention on your breath again.
Do this over and over.
2. Spend a few minutes each day writing down five things you are thankful for that day.
3. When you are walking outside or at an event, focus on one of your senses.
For example, for vision, notice the colors of objects around you or for hearing, listen to the sounds around you and label them nonjudgmentally (eg “That building is gray,” or “I hear a horn honking”) (Child Trauma Institute).
bottom of page